Employment Application - Training and Experience Titles Personnel
- You may submit applications to be considered for Training and Experience related titles by 1) email, 2) via the United States Postal Service (USPS) or 3) by hand delivery at either of our Department of Personnel Offices. To email the application(s), please read the instructions below and email the application as an attachment when complete; or to submit applications through the mail (USPS), simply print your completed application(s) and mail in accordance with the postal guidelines.
- Applicants for sworn law enforcement titles should utilize the Department of Police Employment Application provided for this purpose.
- Please visit Prevent Problems With Your Application for tips on filling out the application.
Saving and Opening a Form in Acrobat Reader (DC)
- Forms on this website are PDF forms with fillable fields and should be saved, opened and completed in Adobe Acrobat Reader (DC) for the best result. Web browsers don't support all the features of a fillable PDF form.
- The latest version of Adobe Reader (DC) should be downloaded and used when filling out forms. Mac OS and Windows versions of the free Adobe Reader (DC) are available from Adobe at http://get.adobe.com/reader/.
- For more information on filling out forms with Acrobat Reader (DC) please visit the Acrobat Reader DC Help website.
Completion and Email Submission of the Application
- Step 1 - Download Adobe Acrobat Reader (DC) if it is not already present on your computer.
- Step 2 -Save the application form (PDF format) to a drive, folder or location on your computer (e.g., Local Disk (C:), My Documents folder). To save the form, click on the link, Download the Application, to open the form in your web browser. In the browser's Menu Bar choose File and then choose Save As or Save Page As. You will then be prompted to choose a location on your computer and may name the file.
- Step 3 - Re-open the file from your computer with Acrobat Reader (DC) and you will be ready to fill out the application.
- Step 4 - Complete the application, in detail and provide all information requested, all required fields (highlighted in red) must be completed. Be sure to save your work periodically when completing the application. After completion, you will have a copy of your application saved for future use.
- Step 5 - Attachments that are required or you wish to include should be provided as separate attachments to the email. This could include the EEO form or the Application Background Disclosure Form, qualifying transcripts or education documentation, additional employment information or more detailed descriptions of work duties.
- Step 6 - Email your completed application by clicking the “Email button” at the top of the form. Your email application will open with your application attached. Add any additional attachments you may desire and send the email to the address provided.
Should you have difficulty or like to request assitance, please contact the Illinois Secretary of State, Department of Personnel and ask for a Job Counselor for assistance.