Public Library Per Capita and Equalization Aid Grants Illinois State Library
The application deadline for the FY2022 Public Library Per Capita and Equalization Aid Grants has been extended to February 15, 2022.
The Public Library Per Capita Grant was established to assist public libraries to improve and increase library services within their service areas. Grant amounts of up to $1.475 per person served are available, on an annual basis, to all Illinois local public libraries.
The Equalization Aid Grant was established to help public libraries with a low library tax base to ensure a minimum level of funding for library services.
To be eligible for a Public Library Per Capita and Equalization Aid Grant, a public library must meet the requirements of 75 ILCS 10/8.1 and 23 Ill. Adm Code 3035.115. This includes providing library services which either meet or show progress toward meeting Serving Our Public 4.0: Standards for Illinois Public Libraries © Illinois Library Association, 2019.
Submit the application for the Public Library Per Capita and Equalization Aid Grant as an attachment to an email to Percapemail@example.com. All required supporting documentation, including the Per Capita and Equalization financial expenditure reports, must be attached as separate documents and submitted with the application.
The Illinois State Library is not responsible for, nor obligated to fund, any grant application that has been assessed as unacceptable due to the following reasons:
- The application was received with an email time stamp after February 15, 2022.
- The application was not completed or was missing components;
- The application did not meet the requirements established by the Illinois State Library as indicated in 75 ILCS 10/8.1, 23 Ill. Adm. Code 3035.115, and 23 Ill. Adm. Code 3035.135; or
- The application was submitted by a public library that has delinquent grant reports or lapsed grant funds from any Illinois State Library administered grant program and/or has failed to submit a current Illinois Public Library Annual Report (IPLAR).
Paper copies of the application and reporting forms will not be accepted. Other than supplying requested information, grant applicants may not alter the original form as issued by the Secretary of State/Illinois State Library. Any application not submitted on the required form may be eliminated from consideration for funding.
Note: Please retain an electronic copy of the application and sent email for the library's files. As it is incumbent on the part of the applying library to prove timely submission, be sure the copy includes the email date/time stamp.
Note: The certified 2020 United States Census population numbers should be used for the “service area population” on the application.
- Illinois Public Library Per Capita and Equalization Aid Grant Application Deadline extended to February 15, 2022.
- Instructions for Completing Fillable PDF Grant Forms
- Library Data Entry Guidelines
Expenditure Report Forms
Financial reports of expenditures must be attached as separate documents and submitted with the application.
Submit the FY20 Expenditure Report(s) with the FY22 application. FY20 grant funds must be expended by December 31, 2021.
Amending the Proposed Use of Grant Funds
If a library determines it is necessary to expend the grant funds in a manner other than what they entered in the Planned Use of Grant Funds section of the FY20 application, they should submit an amendment request on library letterhead to Percapfirstname.lastname@example.org. The request should state how the funds were originally to be used and the reason for the change. The request should also explain how the new intended use of grant funds will align with Serving Our Public 4.0: Standards for Illinois Public Libraries.
- Illinois Public Library Per Capita Grant Expenditures Report
- Illinois Public Library Equalization Aid Grant Expenditures Report
- Serving our Public 4.0 Standards for Illinois Public Libraries © Illinois Library Association, 2019. Contact your library system or the Illinois Library Association for information
- Statewide Percentages Analysis for Operating Expenditures 2020 IPLAR Data
Program ImpactGrant Recipients
For more information on Public Library Per Capita and Equalization Aid Grants, contact the Illinois State Library, Library Development Group by email email@example.com or by telephone 1-800-665-5576 extension 2, or 217-524-8836.