Illinois Library Delivery Service Map Illinois State Library
Background and History
The interactive delivery map was created to provide a graphic representation of the structure of the physical delivery of library materials in support of resource sharing in Illinois. Each library in Illinois that receives delivery is identified by a colored flag that denotes the frequency of delivery at that location. The data for the map were drawn from the L2 Library Directory and Learning Calendar. The data in the statewide delivery map are from January 2016.
Over 520 libraries participate in Community Delivery Partnerships (CDP). The flag on the map indicates where a delivery is actually made and how often. If you click on the flag of a library that acts as the host for a CDP, all of the libraries that receive their delivery at that location will be listed in the pop-up box. For example, if you click on the red flag (5 day delivery) for the Mason City Public Library District, you will see that the Illini Central CUSD #189 is a delivery partner. The delivery partners receive the same delivery frequency as the host. View Libraries Participating in CDPs.
Link to Interactive Illinois Library Delivery Service Map
- The map will load with all delivery locations displayed.
- The navigation works like most web based maps. You can zoom in or zoom out on a region of the map with the wheel on your mouse and you can hold down the left mouse button to reorient the map on your screen.
- You can clear the entire map by clicking the Clear/Reset button at the top of the map.
- The numbered buttons at the top of the map represent the various frequencies of delivery. If you clear the map, you may click one or more of the frequency buttons to display only the libraries with the selected frequencies.
- If you press the Reload button, the full map display will be restored.
- If you mouse over the flag for a delivery location, the name of the library will be displayed.
- If you click on a flag, a pop-up box will appear containing the library's name, address, system affiliation and delivery frequency.
- If the library is the host location for a CDP, the pop-up box will also list all the partner libraries served at that location. Each partner library has the same delivery frequency as the host library.