Teen Driver Safety Driver Services
"Sadly, traffic crashes are the leading cause of death for people age 15 to 20. My top goal as your Secretary of State is to save lives by reducing fatal traffic crashes. When I established the Teen Driver Safety Task Force the goal was to improve Illinois' graduated driver licensing (GDL) law and, even more importantly, to save lives. I am encouraged that teen driving deaths have dropped by 51 percent since the law took effect January 1, 2008.
National and state traffic safety organizations have credited our state with having one of the best and most comprehensive GDL laws in the nation. While we can take pride in this strong law, and especially in the number of teen lives saved, we still have work to do. I want the roads of Illinois to be the safest ever."
- 50-Hour Practice Driving Log / Under Age 18 Applicant
- Affidavit / Consent For Minor To Drive
- Distracted Driving Video
- Graduated Driver License
- Graduated Driver License - The Law
- GDL Final Report
- HIstory of the Graduated Driver License Law
- Illinois Graduated Driver Licensing System Brochure
- Illinois Rules of the Road