Driver's License Reinstatement Fees Driver Services
Please make certain the Driver Services Department has your most current mailing address. Without your current address, our office will be unable to mail you important information regarding your driving status. If you have a new address, please change your address before paying your reinstatement fee. Address Change
When using the online process to pay your fees, the information entered must match the information on your driver's license.
All reinstatement fees must be paid prior to issuance of a new Driver's License. The process would be halted or aborted if fines are not cleared in that period.
To Pay Reinstatement Fees Online
- You must owe a reinstatement fee that is listed below.
- You must have a valid Visa, MasterCard, Discover or American Express credit card.
- A payment processor fee will be assessed to all credit card transactions.
Types of Reinstatement Fees Accepted
We are currently accepting electronic payment for reinstatement fees for the following driver's license suspensions and revocations:
- Discretionary Suspension (Traffic Related Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Failure to Appear in Court Suspension (Court Related Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Family Responsibility (DHFS or Court Ordered Child Support Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Field Sobriety Suspension — (First Offense) — $250 fee owed for each Suspension
- Field Sobriety Suspension — (Multiple Offense) — $500 fee owed for each subsequent Suspension
- Mandatory Insurance Conviction Driver's License Suspension — $100 fee for each Suspension. Please note that this reinstatement fee is for your driver's license suspension. You may also owe a mandatory insurance fee for your license plate suspension. You will be required to contact Vehicle Services to pay that fee. Please refer to your correspondence from Vehicle Services for instructions.
- Parking/Tollway/Automated Traffic Suspension (Municipality/Tollway Authority Violation Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Revocations — $500 fee for each Revocation — Payments of this Reinstatement fee can only be processed if we have received a "reinstatement recommendation" from our Administrative Hearing Department and this office has received your SR22 Insurance certificate or out of state insurance waiver.
- Safety Responsibility (Uninsured Accident Administrative Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Solicitation of Towing Suspension — $100 fee for each Suspension
- Statutory Summary Suspension — (DUI Related/Implied Consent First Offense) — $250 fee for the first Suspension
- Statutory Summary Suspension — (DUI Related Multiple Offenses) — $500 fee for each subsequent Suspension
- Unsatisfied Judgment (Uninsured Accident Court Ordered Suspension) — $70 fee for each Suspension
- Zero Tolerance Suspension — (Alcohol Related for Individuals under 21 years of age) — $70 fee for each Suspension
For fee types not listed (such as fees owed for your license plates or fees owed to other Departments), please refer to your recent correspondence from our office for payment methods. There may be circumstances that will prevent you from paying your fee through this internet program, if this occurs, you will be directed to telephone our office. Some fees that you may owe cannot be paid on line until various conditions have been met. Please note that paying reinstatement fees may not necessarily reinstate your driver's license. Please refer to your recent correspondence from our office regarding all the conditions required prior to license reinstatement.
Paying Your Reinstatement Fee
To pay your reinstatement fee(s), you will be directed to a web page to enter the driver's license number, full name, date of birth, gender and the last four numbers of the social security number for the person owing the reinstatement fee(s).
Once the record has been located, our system will identify the fees owed that may be eligible for e-payment. You may then select the fee you would like to pay by credit card or electronic check. There will be a bank handling charge that will be calculated for the transaction processed. If the record cannot be located with the information entered, you will not be able to pay online and may either call 217-782-6212 to make payment by phone or visit a facility to make payment in person.
You will receive an e-mail receipt after each payment is confirmed.