Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) Driver Services
Beginning February 7, 2022, the Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) has established new minimum training standards outlined in 49 CFR 380 for individuals applying for:
- Class A or Class B CDL for the first time
- Upgrading an existing Class B CDL to a Class A CDL
- Adding Passenger Endorsement (P)
- Adding School Bus Endorsement (S)
- Adding Hazardous Materials Endorsement (H)
Drivers must have completed the required Entry-Level Driver Training (ELDT) from a training provider registered with FMCSA before being scheduled for a skills test.
Drivers applying for the Hazardous Materials Endorsement (H) must complete their ELDT prior to taking their Hazardous Materials test.
To locate a registered training provider, drivers may check with their employer or go to the FMCSA Training Provider Registry at https://tpr.fmcsa.dot.gov.
Additional information on ELDT:
- FMCSA information about ELDT
- FMCSA notice of extension of compliance date for ELDT
- ELDT Minimum Federal Curricula Requirements
- FMCSA Contact Information - 1-800-832-5660