Filing a Claim Court of Claims

The Court of Claims is the court of exclusive jurisdiction for all claims filed against the State of Illinois.

  1. Please complete the relevant complaint form in its entirety; include your Social Security number or your Federal Employee Identification Number.
  2. If you are represented by an attorney, also complete the appropriate section of the complaint form so that all correspondence may be directed to the attorney's office.
  3. Please sign the Complaint form.
  4. Please send the completed Complaint form along with check for the filing fee made payable to the order of Illinois Court of Claims:
    Illinois Court Of Claims
    630 S. College St.
    Springfield, IL 62756

Types of Claims

Rules and Statutes

For more information about filing a claim, please call 217-782-7101(Springfield) or 312-814-5010(Chicago), Mon.-Fri., 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.